Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen week
- Indiaas prestigeproject Simply Fresh mocht niet stoppen
- "Combinatie van grootte en techniek maakt 29 ha project in VK uniek"
- 202 voetbalvelden vol tomaten in 360 graden experience
- "Dankbaar dat onze familienaam nog altijd op de gevel staat"
- Nederlandse tomatenprijs kruipt iets weg van laag gemiddelde 2019
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- Windhoos in Tinte geeft telers nieuwe kopzorgen
- Stapsgewijs naar 20 jaar hogedraadteelt in komkommer en nu stapje voor stapje door
- Paprikateler kan fluiten naar 5 ton schadevergoeding van chrysantenbuurman
- 1200 ha in Egypte uitgerust met Nederlandse klimaatsturing
- Alle Nederlandse materialen op tijd ter plaatse bij Chinees megaproject
Ambitious General Manager
Company: Producer of vegetables, fruit and flowers
Location: Netherlands/East Africa
This successful company grows quality vegetables, fruit and flowers in East Africa in a sustainable and responsible manner. They have had a clear growth strategy for decades: responsible breeding and growing of products and being in contact with the customer and/or the consumer. In the coming years the company wants to continue to grow into a trustworthy and valued supplier to the European markets. To realize these ambitious plans we are searching for an experienced but mainly entrepreneurial
Ambitious General Manager
with strong sales affinity/experience (Commercial – a real entrepreneur – fruit and veg).
For decades, the production of vegetables, fruit and flowers in a sustainable manner, with significant consideration for the environment and employees has been most important for this plant growing and sales company based in East Africa. In the coming years the company would like to develop its activities in other African countries but mainly in Europe. They aim to become a supplier of products with a well-known and valued quality branding. For one of the products the company wish to become the market leader with their own trademark. Up until now the focus has been on the United Kingdom but because of Brexit and especially because of the excellent logistical, storage and processing opportunities which the Netherlands have to offer, attention is becoming more focused on building the organization on the European mainland. The Netherlands will be playing a key role as base for the European activities.
This is an exciting and versatile challenge for the right candidate. The plan is that the candidate will create a successful new sales organization as a new limited company in the Netherlands. The position is broad and multi-facetted including activities such as the organization of the logistics and the search and development of the best European locations for the ripening and processing of fruit, to intensive consultation with the production companies in East Africa. Also the swift and successful building of a broad network of European clients (service, retail and processing companies), attention to financial aspects of the business, marketing and planning. This means that drive and entrepreneurship are absolutely essential. From the fourth quarter of this year there is a significant investment available as well as larger volumes. The candidate we are looking for will be the driving force behind the growth of the European business. They will also build their knowledgeable and supportive team of driven employees. A great advantage will be experience in and knowledge of Dutch or international fruit and vegetable trading, as well as experience in building a new, successful sales organization and the motivation of co-workers.
- Commercially driven, real entrepreneur
- Trustworthy, loyal
- Experience in (international) fruit and vegetable trading and/or food supply is important
- Knows how to motivate employees, strong communication skills
- Takes initiative and can work independently
- Feels at home in an international environment
- Is a great network builder
- Good use of English (and other modern languages)
- Leadership and/or coordination experience
- Higher education/Bachelors education, preferably in a green or commercial field
Having the ambition to make a success of this challenging job role is absolutely necessary but it is also all about a great role with the relevant financial benefits. You will be working for a fast growing and ambitious company and will play a significant role in planning within the organization. Call Jos Bouhuijzen, tel. +31(0)6 1080 4667 or mail Jos at email@example.com. There is a lot more information available if you want to make this great new step in your career.
The search for this varied position will also be carried out by Lutgo HR, experts in search and selection, career guidance and personal development in food and horticulture worldwide. Lutgo HR is for everyone; for candidates who are new to the job market or want to take the next step in their career. Lutgo HR ensures the perfect match for companies who are looking for the best person.